Monday, October 23, 2006

The Fiery Sword

God has spared me from many things
From death and dying
From adulterous situations
From compromises
Now change will come with terrible swiftness
The Horseman with the fiery sword
The tip of it at my neck
Telling me to watch and do not speak
While being cut apart
From family
From possessions
From sanity.

Having lived a comfortable life
Having eaten much too well
Having ignored those more disfortunate than I,
Will bring about death
Will bring about despair
Will bring about an eye for an eye.

With no place to go
With no place to hide
With wondering, waiting and awe,
Running from the Maker
Running from the Truth
Running away from the Law.

God has spared me the embarrassment
Of a life that has been mislead
Of having to struggle
Of being in want
Now change will come in a fiery whirlwind
The Horseman bearing down like a tiger
With its teeth at my neck
Telling me to watch and not speak
While being cut off
From Freedom
From Pride
From Vanity

So I continue down the path
Not knowing where to turn
Which road to take or what direction
Until such time that I find
A little more peace of mind
And just a slight touch of perfection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home