Friday, September 08, 2006

Love Song In E-minor

I walk around with my head hanging down
My mind is in a drunken haze,
I just met you last week,
You’re face is everywhere I look,
And it’s no surprise to me
That I fall in love so easy these days,

It happened last year and it’ll happen again,
Sometimes I think that I’m my only friend,
I took one look at you and I knew,
My life was entering a brand new phase,
And it’s no surprise to me
That I fall in love so easy these days,

My pickup truck broke down on the highway
I had to thumb myself a ride
All the time you were on my mind so badly
There was no place that I could run and hide
You look at me like maybe this is some new dance craze
But it’s no surprise to me
That I fall in love so easily these days

There’s nothing else that matters any more
I can’t even have a good stiff drink
I try not to wear out my emotions on your door
I try not to ring you up, my phone is on the blink
I can’t give you anything but love and praise
So it should be no surprise to you
That I fall in love so easy these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home