Thursday, August 31, 2006

Ridin' That Drexel Train

(Frailing Banjo Opener)

Chorus:
Drexel train, Drexel train,
Someday I’ll be ridin’ that Drexel train.

(Frailing Banjo chorus. )

When I was just a young lad,
We lived near the tracks,
On the poor side of town,
Our clothes were made,
Out of gunny sacks

I had a yen to travel,
Around the world I would roam,
But I knew I had no money,
So I went down to the bank,
And took me out a loan.

Chorus/Banjo Break

Now the sheriff’s lookin’ for me,
And the posse’s gettin’ near,
Maybe tomorrow they will catch me,
Down in some Texas hideaway,
And for my life I do fear.

The Drexel train is five miles long,
The last coach is the funeral car,
And that graveyard train is carryin’ me,
Now At last I'll be travellin'
But I won't be travellin’ far.

Chorus/Banjo Break

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home