Thursday, June 09, 2011

Hard Drive Memory #32

We laid there in the Sun for hours,
Turning over like meat on a spit,
None of us had ever been sunburned,
We were Sun Worshippers,
We were experienced,
The Beach Boys singing “I Get Around,”
On the loudspeaker,
Daddy Jack in charge of the swimming pool,
It was Garnett, Kansas 1968 66032,
We all knew what to do,
I turned to my girl lying next to me, saying,
“Do you think we will ever make physical contact?”
“I thought you’d never get around to it,”
She said dreamily from her leopard skin two-piece,
As she got up, wrapping her beach towel around her,
I sang the song, following her out the door,
Over to the park, then down the railroad tracks,
To Flatiron Curve on the Lake Garnett Grand Prix,
Hearing Van Morrison in the now distance,
“Makin’ love in the green grass,
Behind the Stadium with you,
My brown-eyed girl,”
You, my leopard skin two-piece
Brown-eyed girl and me,
Making it back to the pool,
To lie down in the Sun,
“With aliens from outer space?”
I finished my sentence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home