Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Do You Remember Me?

When I saw you first on the list
It was as if
Your attraction
Was something ethereal,

I, of course, lowered my sword,
Made my destrier
Lower her head,
Then went to one knee
In your honor,

You rewarded me with your
Red scarf
Which I placed inside my breastplate,
No blood would flow
Through this armor,

I boldly asked your name,
“Magdelen”
Your reply
Sent my heart to heaven,
“I am your champion and warrior,
Your name is forever on my lips, Lady Magdelen,”

Then came the tilt,
with all Lords and Ladies attending,
Giddy with excitement and new love,
Like good wine
My blood did flow in me,

Until it found another place
To flow,
Out on the list
Where we first met,
Then saw each other no more,
Until now,
Where you have given me
Your red scarf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home