Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Maybe It's True

I got a letter in the post just the other day
Telling me all about your latest escapade
About how you and all your high priced friends
Ate up all the orange marmalade
How you went about your precious business
Convincing to everyone you knew
Well maybe it was all a lie
But then again, maybe it’s true

Maybe it’s true you still got me in your pocket
So mixed up that you don’t know what to do
Maybe that’s not me closed up inside your locket
It could be someone else but you don’t know who
This might sound so confusing
Like maybe I don't have a clue
You could pass this off as crazy rambling
But you never know, maybe it’s true

The elevator man said I couldn’t go upstairs
Even if I took off my wig
I stuck my ace of spades back up my sleeve
Thinking that this might be my last gig
I want so much to have you
Come over for an hour or two
But maybe I’m making this all up in my mind
I can’t really know for sure, so maybe it’s true

I guess I’ll travel on down the Eastern Seaboard
Stop in a roadside bar and have a drink or two
Try to figure out right from wrong
Try to figure out what I ought to do with you
Sign up for a sailing junket
Go out where the sea turns blue
Try to convince myself that I still love you
You know I could be wrong, but maybe it’s true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home