Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Don't Let Things Get Out Of Hand

The milk cow’s gone dry
The dog’s howlin’ at the moon
The paint is peelin’ off the walls
There you are standing in the hall
Things got to change here pretty soon
There’s not a single tear in your eye

I’m not tryin’ to draw any lines in the sand
But Baby, don’t let things get out of hand

Yesterday the car broke down
I saw the baker goin’ out our back door
Was he just deliverin’ bread?
Mechanic says my engine is dead
I’m loadin’ up my forty-four
Thinkin’ about headin’ to town

I really don’t have any kind of a plan
So Baby, don’t let things get out of hand

Things are lookin’ better now that you’re gone
Too bad you didn’t leave sooner than this
Takin’ all of your sorrow along
Don’t know, don’t care who’s right or wrong
Didn’t even need one last kiss
It seems like a brand new dawn

Don’t take it so hard you made your last stand
Baby, you shouldn’t have let things get out of hand

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home