Wednesday, June 07, 2006

A Tearful Lament

A Country Western Song
In The Key Of "A"


When we first met
You used to laugh a lot,
Then something happened to you,
I don’t know what,
You told me you felt different
And you didn’t know why,

Then you started crying
Artificial tears,
And I started thinkin’
About all the years,
That we’d been together
And everything we’d done.

Well it has been a long time
I hope you’re doing well
With artificial tears,
You can’t really tell,
If someone’s sad and lonely
Or just a little blue.

I think I’ll call you up
On the telephone,
To see if you
Have a happy home,
I don’t mean to be pryin’
Into your private life.

And you’ll start crying
Artificial tears,
And I’ll be rememberin’
Those artificial years,
That we spent together,
And now they’re gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home