Friday, November 07, 2008

My Head Is Bustin' Out At The Seams

The last time I saw you
Your eyes were still blue,
As blue as the snow in winter moonlight,
So I was just thinkin’ about how you told me,
That all the blues come from starlight,
That drifts on down from the midnight sky,
As something that comes to us in our dreams,
Anymore you wake me up just around midnight,
My head is bustin’ out at the seams.

What you don’t want to know,
I don’t know myself,
Heard you were drivin' out to the Midwest,
I was just now thinkin’ about how you told me,
That you needed a little rest,
Medication for your achin’ head,
I don’t think you’re as bad off as it seems,
You know I’ll do anything that you request,
My head is bustin’ out at the seams.

Don’t come to me cryin’,
Bring your bag of tricks,
Castin’ spells on me and bringin’ me pain,
Just now I was thinkin’ about how you told me,
You were in control of the rain,
That you can turn off at your command,
Water that rolls in the rivers and streams,
Sat straight up in bed with the four o’clock train,
My head is bustin’ out at the seams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home