Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Dream Of The Wood Nymphs

Naked except for their quiver of arrows,
Carrying a short bow,
The two wood nymphs appeared at the tree line,
Stalking me by pointing the notched arrow,
Speaking to me,
Cajoling me to come closer,
Enticing me with their nakedness,
Until the taller of the two drew back the bow,
Charging toward her and brushing the dart aside,
I took hold of the bow,
The other one had circled behind me,
I heard the nock of the arrow,
Looking at the first one directly in her eyes I said,
“I think you are beautiful.”
“You do?”
The smaller one now came and sat before me,
The two of them drawing in the dirt with the arrowheads,
The older one’s hair was pulled back,
Its color the same as her and her sister’s golden skin,
She spoke in some elfin language,
She laughed when I didn’t understand,
Repeating herself in English,
“You have caught my bow,
I will hunt you no more,
My sister and I have been here a long time,
We will be here again,
When you come back to find us.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home